The bathroom remodelling check list given here can vary from others, but it can be personalised to suit your unique requirements. Actually, you would need two lists. Apollo General Contracting-Bathroom Remodels has some nice tips on this. Create two lists: one of essentials and the other of optional features you’d like to include in your bathroom remodel, if possible.
1. Design: Before you start a bathroom remodel, map out how you want the room to look when it’s done. If you’re doing it yourself, there are a variety of useful digital design software programmes you can use. You might choose a retro design or the trendy Tuscany theme. Before moving on, if you hired a talented designer, work with her on this move. Examine tile, paint, fixtures, and other products samples and images.
2. Permits: Now that you’ve done your template, you know exactly what you want to do with your bathroom remodel. Permits from your city or county are needed. If you’re hiring a contractor, double-check that all licences are in order before beginning work.
3. Walls: Will you be refinishing or shifting walls as part of your bathroom remodelling project? This may be the first step if walls are to be relocated. As part of your bathroom remodel, you may want to instal a new window or relocate a door. Plan ahead of time.
4. Flooring: The majority of bathroom remodelling projects involve some kind of flooring. Plumbing adjustments are needed if the tub, toilet, shower, or sink are to be relocated. Your floor will be pierced with new holes. It’s likely that you’ll need new subfloors. This stage will most likely be determined by the movement of the walls.
5. Plumbing: A licenced specialist is required for this element of bathroom remodelling. If you aren’t a licenced plumber, make sure you schedule one at the appropriate time.
6. Electrical: Adjusting the lighting fixtures is a common part of bathroom remodelling. It’s easy to change a light bulb. It is not adding illumination to a new area of the bathroom. Schedule an electrician for this portion of your bathroom remodel if you are not a licenced contractor.
7. Decorating: Once the walls and floors have been completed, the plumbing and utilities have been mounted or rerouted, and the fixtures and other aspects of your bathroom remodelling project have been completed, it is time to decorate. Themed decorating is a must for every bathroom remodel. Allow enough time to get it right.
Check lists for bathroom remodelling are also available from your contractor. A few contractors make comprehensive lists available on the internet. The most important thing is to devote ample time to carefully preparing the bathroom remodelling project from start to finish. Obtain an estimate from your contractor, or two or more contractors’ estimates. Ensure that everything is recorded, including cost and time estimates. If you follow these steps, remodelling your bathroom would be as painless as possible.